Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Dear Soldier,





Dear Soldier,
You don’t know me, but I long to know you.
I desire to find you and say thank you.
There is nowhere else that I would rather be, than living in the land of the free.
If it wasn’t for your strength, courage, and sacrifice there would be no America the great.
Because of you I lay down my son to sleep, free from fear and full of hope.
You are brave, you are a hero.
You leave your loved ones behind and fight for the freedom of people you will never know.
Your families are heroes too; they sacrifice time away from you so that you can protect my family.
I will never know the mental and physical scars that are buried in you so deep,
But I do know God, who loves you, and will fight to bring you peace.
I pray that God will deliver you from, whatever pain that you experience this day
As you put on your helmet and boots, don’t forget God’s suit of armor
Full of God’s word, salvation, faith, righteousness and truth.
Please never forget, how thankful and grateful I am to you.
I will always and forever, love and respect you.

“Greater love has no one than this, that He lay down his life for his friends” (John 15:13).

“Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand” (Ephesians 6:13).




I want to dedicate this blog post to the brave men in my family who served our great country.
Dyer Talley- U.S Marine Corps
Dr. Charles Halstead- U.S.Navy
Duane Lillibridge- U.S. Air Force
Robert Cade- U.S. Marine Corps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...